Community VoiceSeptember 30, 2021 2023-02-22 9:10
Azerbaijan British College
At ABC the leadership is passionate about parent voice. It enables parents to have a say and get involved in their child’s education. Parents are an important part of our community, who work together with the school for the good of the students and to enrich student lives.
Parent voice groups play a key role in fostering parental engagement and strengthening partnerships between school and home. They also operate as a way to disseminate important information, manage change and inform of advances that the school makes.
At ABC the purpose of our parent voice group is:
To strengthen the partnership between home and school.
- To enable parents to meet and share ideas.
- To keep parents informed about school based, local and national education initiatives
- To allow parents the opportunity to be more directly involved in the learning experiences
- being offered to the children.
- To organise and coordinate events that build of community spirit and togetherness
- To support school initiatives and fund raise to provide student enrichment
There are two groups that meet to achieve these aims.
The Parent Councils:
In a year group there are 4 classes. Each class elects a parent representative. These 4 representatives form a micro-council. Each micro-council elects 1 representative to sit on the Parent Council.